Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Read About the Local Tea Bagging Party

My town had one of those events. I never attended it, because I was busy. I would read about it in the local paper. There is quote in it that is classic from one of the speakers at the rally. A guy named Gene gets up to speak, rallying the anti-tax faithful against politicians and Obama who they target for all of those woes of national debt. He gets up and speak saying and I quote, "How did big government and spenders get elected?" Gene asked the riff-raff, telling them they wouldn't like his answer. "Because you voted for them!" He says that they won't research the candidates, who may have a like-minded set of ideas like the crowd, and can't seem to get past the blow-dried hair and shiny teeth. He also had a lot to say about Fuckleberry Huckabee, which I have to agree. What is he doing participating in this riff-raff event. The former governor never found a tax he didn't like. Gene follows Fox News and this is where he has to be careful. But, maybe from his research he found, Fox had it right for once. He said that back in 2007, there was an article from Fox that claimed that Fuckleberry Huckabee increased taxes in Arkansas more than Bubba Bill Clinton. But, this was before Fox News decided they wasn't going to be "Fair and Balanced" anymore and become what it is today, an anti-Pres. Obama, right-wing, chatter box network. Other than that, the local tea party was more partisan for the GOP. Gene spoke as an unrepentant independent who did not care what would happen to him even if this mean crowd of tax protesters turned against him. I did not go to this rally, but if I did, I would blame this crowd of losers how they didn't stand behind hard-working people when the jobs were about to leave and how they kept voting for these politicians that did nothing for us down here on Main Street. But, it would give me nothing more than a hot temper and high blood pressure. It will not be worth risking my health to speak to this riff-raff.

No comments: