Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Have you had this happen to you?

I purchased an Emerson HDTV this time last year and I bought it at Wal-Mart. Lo and behold, the TV goes out this week. It is believed to be the censors that went out. If you turn the TV on, the picture nevers comes on, and it goes back off on stand by. Luckily, I have the two-year warranty. But, I have to wait for a box to arrive at my address to box the TV inside and ship it through UPS. It won't cost me a thing since I've paid for the warranty. And after it shipped, who know how long it will be before I get it back all fixed and ready to use. I don't like this arrangement. I have made a feedback to Wal-Mart concerning this. Their policy is that if something went wrong with the TV in a 90 day period after the purchase, it's the store's responsibility. After 90 days, it's not and I have to call the 1-800 number for outside service. This policy stinks. Why can't it the store's responsibility within the 2-year warranty? Why can't I have it fixed now? This stinks. I paid for a $600 TV set and it goes out in almost a year? Have you had this happen to you? My advice. Never buy from Wal-Mart's electronics store. If you do, you need to go ahead and buy the 2 year warranty or you will be out of luck, and it will cost you a bundle to get a local repairman to fix it. I am using the warranty and when I ship the broken TV, I will have to wait and see if it will be fixed. In the meantime, I do still have a TV, just not the big TV. I am going along with it, but I am very dissatisfied with Wal-Mart, the very enterprise that scares Sen. Blanche Lincoln from supporting EFCA.

No comments: