Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

On 9/11/01, I worked the graveyard shift and I came home to relax before going to bed to sleep during the day after I worked all night. The last thing I did before going to bed was look at some music CDs I have in my collection. I had a couple of Galician music CDs I was looking at and that I was listening to. I did not find out about the incident until I woke up from bed in the after noon and turned on talk radio and then turned on the TV. I couldn't believe what happened. I couldn't believe how it could happen. Airport security was asleep that day apparently just like I was from working all night. I was outraged that this happened. Why didn't the federal government know about this attempt before this was going to take place. Two buildings were blown up in NYC, the Pentagon in DC was attacked, and there was another attempt by hijackers on another plane aimed at DC again, but was stopped by passengers and as a result, the hijackers and the passengers all died in a plane crash in Pennsylvania. At home, people were panicking over gasoline. Service stations were spiking the price, gauging it, I should say. Prices were anywhere from $1.47 gallon to $10 a gallon. So, people were hovering at Murphy's at Wal-Mart to get $1.47 a gallon gas. I had some gas that day, but I can't imagine that there are sellers who will manipulate and try to take advantage of a bad situation, ripping people off, and profit from it. Similar situations have now occured since 9/11, but it's very subtle and not near as obvious.
Ark. Attorney General Mark Pryor, during the time, caught what these retailers were doing and that they were gauging the price of petrol. So, after that day, the retailers brought the price back to where it was during that time and I believe it was around $1.45 a gallon. I wish I can pay that again. I am now paying $3.49 a gallon. High, but better than in California. So, that what I did on 9/11. I was at home resting from working overnight. Back then, I thought George Bush was going to do what he said he would do. Catch Bin Laden. Troops go into Afghanistan to defeat the Taliban and they did, but Bush breaks his promise to catch Bin Laden and from that time on, I grew very critical of the Bush-Cheney administration and the GOP. He said he would catch Bin Laden and several months later in 2002, Bush said he had no interest in catching Bin Laden. Whatever confidence I had in him was lost forever since!

No comments: