Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflections

Mother's Day was observed both here in the U.S. and in Mexico. My mother passed away almost 19 years ago. This is the time I remember her the most and it would have been nice to see her again. I imagine it will be when I go to the great beyond. She was always the one I've turned to when I was having many problems or when I got into trouble. She was always there. I remember the vacation trips, the Christmas dinners, Thanksgiving at Uncle Billy's. It is a time I can never get back. I miss it. But, for me, I still have my father, and I ate Mother's Day dinner with him. Also, I celebrated Mother's Day for all of those who still have mother in their lives and for the mothers themselves. It is best to hold on to your mother as much as you can while you sill have her in you life. Without her, it will take a long while to recover and to live life normal again. She fills that empty void. She's the fabric that keeps the family together. Because the family I am part of now are mere satellites anymore. They are broken apart, even while we still have father and this is unfair to father. Please, do not ever let Mother's Day be a sad occassion and while you still have her, be with her on that day. Do more than write a letter or send a card. Take the time to be with her when you have the chance!

1 comment: