Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What Has Happened to News

This is what is on my mind. CNN, MSNBC, and FNC do not cover enough real news. Where are the international headlines other than what could be found on such outlets as CNN International or Al-Jazeera English or what ever language one chooses? CNN, MSNBC, and FNC by themselves don't cover world news enough to suit me. Here's what I receive when I view at least one of them.
"Nancy Reagan has been hospitalized." "VP Dick Cheney is going to a hospital to have out-patient surgery on his heart." Strange, I didn't think he had one! A whole lot about the McCain campaign. A whole lot about the Obama campaign. All of the surrogates from both campaigns interviewed and asked questions they may answer or really don't answer. I am not getting informed about the world and my local newspaper is owned by a company that bents its politics to the right, the Stephens Group. The best thing they do for me as the local paper is inform me about who died. In other words, the obits. Okay, maybe a few reports about forgeries, assaults, misdemeanors, and thefts that occurred in the vicinity. But, that's about all. The Stephens Group is worried that Obama will become president. So, they get some crony to publish a column in the editorial page who makes more then $250,000 a year, writing about how he already pays more taxes anyway and that the lower 50%, the rest of us, don't pay any or not enough! The source he uses is from the Bush Administration's Treasury Dept., Oct. 2007. All I have to do is look at my stub from my paycheck and see that I pay plenty of taxes federal and state and I am certainly not rich and I make considerably less. If you want to read the article from Warren Stephens, here's the link from my local paper. The 2008 presidential race is the worst I have seen in my lifetime. I guess I am biased, but I have seen racism and xenophobia raise their ugly heads from volunteers of the McCain. Sexism is alive and well, too. I almost want to ignore what Sen. McCain says and offers to the American public. There's nothing coming from it since his volunteers are still continuing to sow the seeds of fear and hatred from his base. Gov. Sarah Palin appears to be the sexy cheerleader who plays the role as the barking, growling, bulldog for Sen. John McCain. She dresses in a way that would make some men dream about her and lust for her. Sen. Hillary Clinton never did that. She dressed in pants suits and no man would ever dream about her, except for maybe some men and women who wish she were the Dem. nominee.

Anyway, if I had to find out what was going on in Acre, Israel for example, I had to tune into Al-Jazeera on YouTube to know, not CNN, MSNBC, or FNC. What has happened to news when an American citizen chooses Al-Jazeera, a news media that gives you the latest threat from Osama bin Laden, for world news and input over the news media here in the U.S. Why would I have to get my info from Doha and not New York or Washington? I guess that is the world we live in.

My peace be unto you. Paz. Assalaam Alaykum. And Shalom.

No comments: