Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolution before New Year's Day Comes

My New Year's Resolution is something I make before the New Year comes. It is the same thing I make every year. My resolution is to not make a resolution. If a resolution comes to mind, it is to make it a point not to go out, act wild, and get drunk because those people who do so should all be sent to jail to sober up. I don't want them driving around my neighborhood at night risking their own lives and the lives of others. This is what New Year's Eve parties boil down to; having a good time, which is good, but it goes with acting wild, carrying on, getting drunk, and suffering from a hangover the next morning.

I am going to do what I do always. I plan to stay home. Oh yes, I did get out today. I went out on a hike at Devil's Den Park and that's where I spent my day. After that, I went home. I plan to spend New Year's Day at home, because I will have to go to bed early on that day and rest up to get ready to go back to work on Jan 2. Ho, ho, ho! I seldom ever go to any New Year's Parties, but lately I started to find them to be very boring. Several years ago, back in 1989, I spent New Year's down in Little Rock. It was just me and a friend of mine discussing several topics, while another friend and his sister went to a party somewhere in town.

I don't put too much emphasis on New Year's Eve. I may go to bed tonight before the ball drops which is at 11 p.m. my time, not 12 a.m.

No comments: