Tuesday, December 31, 2019

I have not posted a whole lot this decade. I have posted more on Facebook and Twitter, and I certainly did not sign up for other social media sites. I do a lot of substitute teaching now and I do other jobs. This was the decade when Fort Smith lost Whirlpool and sensible people out there can understand how big of a loss it was for the town and the surrounding communities. The only people who don't seem to are what I call the "elite", members of the Fort Smith Leadership group. Nothing had really replaced all of those jobs that were lost. Not with Sykes or with other companies. Glatfelter only hired 87 people, a company that started its operation back in 2017. Razorback football absolutely stunk during this decade. Razorback basketball is improving, recently beating the Hoosiers! Razorback baseball has been wonderful. I hope for a better decade where I continue to get old, which I am not too crazy about. "You only as old as you feel." Cable TV is on its way out. Who needs it. Wireless television through the Internet is the way to go. A satellite dish on your roof? Why? I look forward to a happy 2020.

No comments: